Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Separation Anxities

The experts say infants usually start to go through a stage of Separation anxiety around 8-12 months. However, I don't remember them saying anything about the parents. I have been having a hard time leaving Logan lately. I miss him terribly while I'm at work, and I can't wait to pick him up at the end of the day. I have a huge picture of him on my computer desktop, and I will find myself minimizing all the windows just so I can see my smiling boy. I thought they said it was supposed to get easier to leave them. But then, maybe it never does get any easier to leave your babies, or for babies to leave their moms for that matter.

My mom is flying down to visit us next month, and I just cannot wait! It's hard being so far away from your mom. I'm finding it even harder now that we have Logan. I wish that she could see him everyday, but I had to go and fall for a Texan. But I definately keep her up to date on what goes on. I talk to her at least twice a day. Jeez if somone called me that often I think I would start to pretend I wasn't there. I call her to tell her stupid random things like "Guess what, Logan ate peas for the first time, and he liked them!", and always makes time to listen to these silly calls. The truth is I just want an excuse to call her, and I want her to feel like she knows Logan. Anyhow, we miss you and can't wait to see you!

No comments: