Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blanket Hogs

One of the blogs that I read hosts a fabulous list of different ideas, tips, & recipes all submitted by different readers. It is called Works-For-Me-Wednesday. I have been a long time reader and have found many beneficial ideas from this. So, I decided I would give it a go. So here is my Works-for-me-Wednesday tip.

Hubby and I have always had a hard time sharing a blanket. I won't say who the offending party is, but someone always ends up curled in a ball shivering because the other stole the blanket. Now... we had a king size bed with a king size comfoter. So it's not like there was a lack of coverage area. I suppose some people just like to roll in their blanket.

Anyhow, it didn't take us long to realize that this just wasn't going to work for us. So rather than us sleeping in different beds to avoid midnight struggles over a blanket. We just each have our own blanket. I bought 2 twin sized duvets and it works wonderful. Although it's not very much fun to have to buy two duvet covers for one bed...but it is definately worth it. Everyone stays warm and can sleep how they want.

Find more works-for-me-wednesday ideas over at we are THAT family.

7 comments:

alpinekleins said...

That is a brilliant idea, now you can each cuddle up, and bundle up in your own quilt. Must feel soooo good! Amazing how the simplest things can be so helpful!

kristin K

mub said...

We do this too, though when it's -really- cold I wish we could just share one blanket so I could steal body heat too *L*

Teresa aka Tess said...

We sue a king size quilt over a queen size bed and I have an extra smaller throw over my side. Works for us.

lindsay said...

great idea - this is the way andreas' family does it as well. thanks for the link. hope you are well!

Anonymous said...

When we travelled to Norway a few years ago, the beds in the hotel were just like that. They were made up with two blankets for one bed. I slept really well the entire time I was there (I can't say the same for my husband who likes to snuggle with ME).

Veronica said...

I'm pretty sure I know who the culbrit is. Tim and I have been doing this for years. I guess blanket hogs run in the family.

Michelle2 said...

HiKaty!

just popped by your blog ... what a cutie your Logan is!

Oh, and 2 duvets...? YES! That's what we do too. Did you know that it is more European / German / Scandinavian / something? :) Can't imagine it any other way...

with love from Geneva,
Michelle